Imagine a world without impartial, independent journalism
In a world where we are bombarded by communication, sifting through millions of data points to decipher what’s true is practically impossible without the interventions of reputable media sources.
As the era of ‘fake news’ has shown, when media is not validated, it can become an alternative truth. The role of quality media is to cut through the misinformation and disinformation to provide clear, trustworthy content to its audience.
The World Media Group is an alliance of leading international media organisations that connects brands with highly engaged, influential audiences in the context of trusted and renowned journalism.
“Media brands used to only compete with each other, but we’re seeing more examples of multimedia content partnerships. The World Media Group is a great example of where brands are putting aside that petty competitiveness and working as a collective. “That’s really where we see opportunities for media brands, especially ones with passionate and engaged audiences. You’ve got Fortune, National Geographic, The Economist, Bloomberg, Time… brands whose readers and us-ers specifically come to them for their point-of-view, opinion and voice that they completely trust.”
Rupert Turnbull, Brand Ambassador EMEA, Fortune
“The need for high quality journalism has simply never been greater. Amid a flood of misinformation that has frankly left democracy itself in danger, we have a commitment and a responsibility to raise the tone of the discourse with deeply-reported, solidly-sourced articles and fair analysis. Technology has been a great enabler, but has it also created unchecked and prolific sources of misinformation. That makes our jobs harder and more important than ever before: Winning the trust of readers who have lost faith in news can be done only with the kind of gold-standard reporting The Wall Street Journal practices.”
Phillipa Leighton-Jones, Editor at large, The Trust, The Wall Street Journal | Barron’s Group
“Surveys suggest that 18-34s are most likely to pay for online content, and that people who subscribe to Netflix or Spotify are also more likely to pay for digital news. This is potentially good news for publishers, provided we offer the right sorts of products.”
Tom Standage, Deputy Editor & Head of Digital Strategy, The Economist
“Covid-driven digital media innovation with a clear focus on supporting the business bottom line is a key topic for marketers and media partners alike. The recent wmg webcast delivered inspiring expert insights.”
Christoph Woermann, CMO Corporate Bank, Deutsche Bank
“The seminar was very useful with a good cross section of speakers, with in depth knowledge of their subject area.
Real life examples and experience are always a good way to engage with the audience, and I took away many thoughts for consideration in my sector.”
Pip Landers, Director of Advertising & Brand Research, Mandarin Oriental
- Congratulations to @VanderheydeKaat from @FedExEurope for winning the Content Leadership & Innovation award at the… https://t.co/4HN3Cb5Waw3 days ago
- Congratulations to @malarianomoreuk & @dentsuintl on winning the ‘Social Good’ category AND being the Grand Prix w… https://t.co/bxLVlAqzn83 days ago
- Congratulations to @TourismAus & @UMWorldwide on winning the Travel & Tourism category at the World Media Awards la… https://t.co/kuNUlldxJJ3 days ago
- Congratulations to @SamsungMobile & @Starcom_UK @Starcom_USA on winning the Technology & Telecoms category at the… https://t.co/ZeMlWER1kb3 days ago
- Congratulations to @PlayStation & @MediaComGlobal on winning the Media & Entertainment category at the World Media… https://t.co/vCvznR646w3 days ago
- Congratulations to @thenorthface & @phdworldwide on winning the Luxury & Lifestyle category at the World Media Awar… https://t.co/PoUpspMAtr3 days ago
- Congratulations to @lombardodier on winning the Financial Services category at the World Media Awards last week for… https://t.co/7l2uvataMx3 days ago
- Congratulations to @Shell & @MediaComGlobal on winning the Corporate Influencer category at the World Media Awards… https://t.co/uLQea6s1YC3 days ago
- Congratulations to @CanAm & @touchecanada on winning the Automotive category at the World Media Awards last week fo… https://t.co/uU3AunpOPD3 days ago
- Congratulations to @REWE_Supermarkt & @OMD_Deutschland on winning the Brand & Media Owner Partnership category at… https://t.co/0G5OsAyFqL3 days ago
Sign up to receive all of the latest news and updates from the World Media Group