Entries are invited from advertisers; from media, creative or content specialist agencies; and from the creative solutions teams of media owners.
Your work must have been implemented between January 2022 and March 2023. The campaign must also be truly international – whether multi country, pan regional or global, your strategy must have intentionally targeted audiences in at least three countries. Whilst PR and/or viral marketing may have added impact, your campaign must have been reliant on a strategic media spend.
We are inviting entries to the first ten categories listed. We will be inviting our jury and key industry influencers only to make nominations for the Content Leadership & Innovation category, with the winner being chosen by our independent Jury. The Grand Prix will also be decided by our jury, selected as the best of the best from all the other category winners.
The deadline for entries is Thursday 18th May 20223
The shortlist will be announced on Tuesday 27th June.
The winners of the 2023 World Media Awards will be announced on Thursday 7 September.
The winner of the Content Leader Award will be announced on Thursday 17th August.
Winners will also be announced on the World Media Awards website, PR activity and social media channels. Plus all winners will have their work celebrated in an advertising campaign valued at €750K, published by the World Media Group’s leading international media brands.
The Jury for the World Media Awards is brought together to reflect the breadth of skills required to create and coordinate winning international media campaigns. The Jury is co-chaired by a client, agency and media leader – reflecting the advantages of the effective partnerships which we hope to see in the entries. The day jobs of our judges include creating and editing the content for leading media brands, planning communication strategy for leading global brands, generating the ideas and creating the content for international advertising campaigns, and generating the buzz that shares the brand stories through PR and social media. And of course our Jury includes clients – the people who pay the bills and need to see effective results.
The judging process for the World Media Awards has two phases – an online shortlisting process, followed by a meeting of our jury to select the winner in each category and choose their Grand Prix winner.
1. Start early – creating a great entry and gathering the right information takes time, so give yourself at least four weeks to put your application on a solid footing.
2. Crowd source – use the template to draft and share your entry to get your colleagues’ feedback and ideas
3. Create a story – the World Media Awards are all about telling great stories for your brands, now tell the story of your campaign. Judges like a clear narrative.
4. Keep to the point – focus on what the judges are asking for and ensure that you demonstrate how the client, agency and media owner have worked in partnership to create and implement a great idea and deliver amazing results.
5. Follow the rules – your work must have been implemented between January 2022 and March 2023. Your campaign must have covered 3 or more countries.
6. Demonstrate success – make sure your results relate to the objectives you outlined at the start of your entry.
7. Provide supporting materials to bring your story to life – but make sure that all the essential details are included in the written entry.
8. Advice from previous winners – hear from the winners of The World Media Awards 2021 about what it actually takes to create a first class award-winning entry. We asked the winning teams 3 important questions about content, context, multiple markets and team co-operation and here are the results: VIEW VIDEOS
Content must be useful, entertaining and relevant to be picked up by consumers
- Delivered within trusted environments, content can deliver higher reach and engagement than traditional ads
- Content works best when created as part of a strong partnership between brand, publisher and agency
- Content must speak in the same voice as the platform it appears on
- International content campaigns can be localised, but require a shared narrative
- Be part of a conversation, be authentic – and don’t sell
You are able to submit up to three supporting documents, which might include, for example:
- Imagery from the creative work, perhaps in its media placement
- Screenshots or videos of digital or interactive creative
- Charts or graphics illustrating the results achieved
Supporting materials can be in the following formats: pdf, jpeg, mp3, m4v, mov, mp4, wmv. If providing links to view video or interactive creative, please make sure that you also provide any necessary passwords.
By entering the World Media Awards, companies are authorising the World Media Group to use the data and certain visual materials submitted for the purpose of producing the World Media Awards Showcase distributed in print to senior decision makers in international advertising and digitally on the World Media Awards website. If there is a particular part or your entry that you would prefer not to be used then please clarify this on the entry. All entries will be stored securely on our judging platform and access to these by Judges will be strictly monitored.
This is your chance to showcase your international content-driven campaigns in front of a truly global audience of leading international brands, agencies and media owners. You have the opportunity to demonstrate your capability to deliver great ideas for advertisers with multinational budgets and have your work seen and judged by our independent jury of leading advertising clients, agency representatives and international media owners.
Winners will also have their work celebrated in an advertising campaign valued at more than €750K, published by the World Media Group’s leading international media brands.
Entry fee introduced for all entries – £100, of which £50 will be donated to Reporters Without Borders. There is no fee to enter the category Rising Star.
You will be able to pay for your entries just before you submit your entry on the Awards platform.
If you have any problems with payment please contact Martin Dewhirst, by email at Martin@no-4.co.uk or call +44 7710737186 to pay your entry fee. Please note that payment is by credit card only. Your entry is not confirmed until your payment has been received.
All finalists will be notified on the 27 June 2023. You will then be given the opportunity to provide extra material for the final Jury meeting, scheduled to take place on 11th July in London.
• You may submit a 4 minute video/ppt summarising the highlights of your entry
• Alternatively, you will be invited to come to meet the Jury and provide a 4 minute presentation of the highlights of your entry in person
• OR, if geography / timing does not permit, you will be invited to submit a 4-minute video of you presenting the highlights of your entry
All finalists will be provided with two complimentary tickets to attend the ceremony, one for the agency and one for the client. Additional tickets will be available to purchase at a cost of £125 + VAT.
Any problems with purchasing a ticket, please contact email@example.com