Technology and Telecoms
The Trust : The Wall Street Journal | Barron's Group
In The Future
Initially, Tech Mahindra needed to amplify its brand recognition with global (-Suites. The brand wanted to be seen as an established leader in cutting-edge technology and innovation, a company with business transformation expertise. Tech Mahindra wanted to use a long term partnership to secure its place in the highest level of business discussions around the world – with a focus on driving engagement with this elite audience .
Tech Mahindra was already known as a global service provider within India, but it needed to become just as relevant to C-Suites in the US and beyond. To do this, perceptions had to shift. A comprehensive multifaceted programme needed to not only reach the right audience, but provide long-term conversation and insights that would keep them engaged.
The Creative Solution
With a target audience of C-Suite professionals (US focus), Tech Mahindra (TM) partnered with The Wall Street Journal I Barron’s Group, to leverage its C-Suite readership & reputation as a trusted source of business intelligence.
TM, in partnership with The Trust (WSJ’s in-house creative consultancy) created IN THE FUTURE (ITF), a provocative series of future-focused content that analyzes new technologies & business applications.
- Technology Insights
Thought leadership exploring technology’s impact on global business, commentary on future of work, manufacturing, transportation, security, Al, 5G +more by leading industry journalists. Aggregated tech news stories from WSJ complemented ITF content.
The Trust produced a series to correspond with the Formula E in NYC. Here, 8 CXOs were interviewed -connecting the theme of digital transformation & sustainability to electric car racing. The content was live streamed via Twitter & released in longer form. Additionally, a video in Washington DC on climate change was produced, supporting TM’s initiative Al4Action – a call to action to leverage Al technology to provide meaningful solutions to pressing issues.
Dow Jones Intelligence undertook a global thought leadership survey of 400 senior executives. The results were used to create an interactive benchmarking tool, the Efficacy Index, which allows executives to test their organizations’ performance against industry leaders. The Efficacy Index established Tech Mahindra as a leading voice in the tech transformation space. The data & insights were used in PR and for speaking opportunities.
- Tech Community Connections
In 2019, we expanded the ‘Future Shapers’ segment with new, insightful interviews, speaking with leading figures in tech from companies including Google, AT&T, Nissan, Huawei, Samsung.
- WSj’s & News Corp digital network
- TM’s owned channels (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Engaging with social media trending topics
With established thought-leadership and tech connections in place, TM was perfectly positioned to lead the conversation at the world’s most influential CEO meet-up, WSJ’s CEO Council in Washington.
TM leader, Lakshmanan Chidambaram (President, Strategic Verticals USA), showcased the company’s view of the future, inviting peers into the conversations established at ITF and the Efficacy Index.
- Exclusive moment on main stage at WSJ
- Highlights video, hosted on ITF
Efficacy Index on display resulting in 350 guests interacting with it in-person
Additionally, TM were partner at CMO Network event where they led a conversation with global CMOs .
Capping off the year, TM CEO CP Gurnani raised a glass to invite-only CXOs at Davos where direct business connections could be pursued.
The Media/Content Amplification Solution
Media & Content amplification is a key piece to this campaign’s overall success. We worked with our planning team taking into account the clients brief & key objectives to create a powerful distribution plan to help amplify the content . Some of the top highlights include:
- Ensuring we captured the most relevant audience across The Wall Street Journal Digital Network (wsj.com, com & barrons.com)
- We identified specific markets across the globe which had the most relevant target audience & ensured all media was only focussed towards these specific This allowed us to cut any unwanted clutter from markets which were not a key focus to the client.
- We utilized the benefit of our larger News Corp digital Network through a product called News IQ. NewslQ gives brands a new way of reaching News Carp’s sophisticated audiences in a safe, trusted environment to achieve measurable results.
- Dow Jones Identifier – we used an industry first contextual targeting product powered by proprietary content organization methodology which helps provide immediate & relevant results.
- The client also identified key events which were important to them across the calendar year such as Davos, CEO Council Washington, Mobile World Congress, Nasscom India. We used these dates to ensure the client has a buy out across key pages on our digital network (such as technology, business).
- Cost Per View plans – Using the CPV package Dow Jones guarantees to deliver a certain amount of Page views. Using products across the Dow Jones Network , across all media platforms, including Content amplification Social and Discovery Platforms, we deliver guaranteed PV the with the most affect CPC based on the client KPI.
The program as we stand has garnered over 300,000 page views which is 205% above goal The Total session time is over 4,700 hours & we have had more than 22,000 social actions.
Within the first three months after launching, the Efficacy Index saw 4,162 respondents complete the 15-min survey and receive personalized feedback.
Through direct access to the WSJ membership and networks, the brand partnership placed Tech Mahindra face-to-face with over 1200 enterprise CXOs and has directly facilitated multi-million dollar business wins.