Advertisers and their agencies are invited to enter campaigns from 2018 in to eight of the ten categories. Content Leadership & Innovation, our Jury and key agency influencers to make nominations before inviting our Jury to select the winner.
- Media owners are permitted to enter two categories:
- Enter campaigns promoting your own media brand in to the Media & Entertainment Category, where you are – in fact – the client
- Enter the Brand & Media Owner Partnership category, where we are looking for great matches between the media brand and the client brand on a specific project or campaign, where the uplift for both brands can be powerful
- A minimum of 75% of the campaign activity must have been implemented in 2018
- Campaigns must be truly international – whether multi-country, pan regional or global, your strategy must have intentionally targeted audiences in at least 4 countries
How to enter step-by-step
1. We are inviting written entries, supported by your chosen images or videos. We recommend that you draft your entry on the downloadable entry template form, which will invite you to describe the branding challenge, the thinking behind the strategy, the method of implementation and the results. Please secure colleague or client approval and gather your supporting materials before uploading your entry to the official entry site.
2. Please ensure that your entry adheres to the maximum word counts:
- The Challenge: 300 words
- The Strategy: 400 words
- The Implementation: 400 words
- The Results: 300 words
3. You are invited to submit no more than three supporting documents, which might include, for example:
- Imagery from the creative work, perhaps in its media placement
- Screenshots or videos of digital or interactive creative
- Charts or graphics illustrating the results achieved
- Supporting materials can be in the following formats: pdf, jpeg, jpg,mp3,m4v,mov,mp4, wmv
4. Please note the following when naming your entry and considering who to credit:
- Entry titles should not include any media owner or media brand names
- There is an opportunity to credit all agencies and media owners in the credits section of the entry form. Advertisers and agencies only will be credited in the winners’ announcement advertising campaign run through World Media Group member brands.
5. When you have your written entry and supporting materials ready, please click on the ENTER NOW button where you will be asked to register your details, copy and paste your written entry and upload your supporting materials.
6. There is no fee payable with your entries. However, you are invited to make a voluntary donation to our chosen charity, Reporters Without Borders, an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that promotes and defends freedom of information and freedom of the press.
IF YOU ARE SHORTLISTED
The shortlisted entries in each category will be announced on Thursday 28 February 2019. We will then provide shortlisted entrants with the opportunity to provide extra material for the final Jury meeting, scheduled to take place on 21 March in London.
- You may submit a 3 minute video/ppt summarising the highlights of your entry
- Alternatively, you will be invited to come to meet the Jury and provide a 3 minute presentation of the highlights of your entry in person
- OR, if geography / timing does not permit, you will be invited to submit a 3-minute video of you presenting the highlights of your entry
7 TOP TIPS TO HELP YOU CREATE THE WINNING ENTRY
1. Start early – creating a great entry and gathering the right information takes time, so give yourself at least four weeks to put your application on a solid footing.
2. Crowd source – use the template to draft and share your entry to get your colleagues’ feedback and ideas
3. Create a story – the World Media Awards are all about telling great stories for your brands, now tell the story of your campaign. Judges like a clear narrative.
4. Keep to the point – focus on what the judges are asking for and ensure that you demonstrate how the client, agency and media owner have worked in partnership to create and implement a great idea and deliver amazing results.
5. Follow the rules – 75% of the work must have happened in 2018. Your campaign must have covered 4 or more countries.
6. Prove it – we can’t take your word that your campaign was effective, we’ll need to see the evidence. In an ideal world, your results will reflect your original objectives!
7. Show us the work – you can upload up to 3 supporting documents and it’s great for judges to see the story you’ve been telling. Choose carefully – the best images, most evocative stats. But don’t let this substitute for the description of your campaign.