What you can enter:
- Advertisers’ marketing, media, and content creation teams, agencies, and media owner’s creative solutions teams are invited to enter campaigns implemented between January 2020 and March 2021 into nine of the eleven categories: Automotive; Brand & Media Owner Partnership; Corporate Influencer; Financial Services; Luxury & Lifestyle; Media & Entertainment; Social Good; Technology & Telecoms; Travel & Tourism. [The Content Leadership & Innovation category is not open for entry: World Media Group members will make nominations for consideration by our Jury. The Jury will choose the winner of the Grand Prix Award.]
- To qualify:
- Your work must have been implemented between January 2020 and March 2021
- Campaigns must be truly international – whether multi-country, pan-regional or global, your strategy must have intentionally targeted audiences in at least 3 countries
- Whilst PR and/or viral marketing may have added impact, your campaign must have been reliant on a strategic media spend. Our Jury will be looking for a great partnership and contextual fit with the chosen media channel[s].
ENTRY DEADLINE: THURSDAY 20 MAY 2021
How to enter step-by-step
- Entries are invited from advertisers’ marketing, media, and branded content teams; from media, creative or content specialist agencies; and from the creative solutions teams of media owners.
- Please use the downloadable entry template forms to draft your written entry – you will be invited to describe the brand challenge, the thinking behind the strategy, the method of implementation, and the results.
- Do not exceed the maximum word counts detailed on the entry template.
- You are invited to submit no more than three pieces of supporting material which might include, for example:
- Imagery from the creative work, perhaps in its media placement
- Screenshots or videos or links to videos of digital or interactive creative
- Charts or graphics illustrating the results achieved
Supporting materials can be in the following formats: pdf, jpeg, mp3, m4v, mov, mp4, wmv. If providing links to view video or interactive creative, please make sure that you also provide any necessary passwords.
- Please ensure you have colleague or client approval and gather your chosen images or videos together as supporting materials before uploading your entry on the entry platform. You will also be required to provide the logo for the brand represented in the entry in eps format.
- Please note the following when naming your entry:
- Entry titles should include the Brand name
- Entry titles should not include any media owner or media brand names
- Short is better than long!
- There is an opportunity to credit all agencies and media owners in the credits section of the entry form. Advertisers and agencies only will be credited in the winners’ announcement advertising campaign run through World Media Group brands.
- Entry fees:
For advertisers, agencies and World Media Group members, there is no entry fee payable. However, you are invited to make a voluntary donation to our chosen charity, Reporters Without Borders, an international non-profit, non-governmental organisation that promotes and defends freedom of information and freedom of the press.
For media owners, there is a fee of £195 per entry.
- Once you have your entry drafted and approved, and have gathered all your supporting materials and other information, please click on the ENTER NOW link to create your account on the entry platform, copy an paste your written entry, and upload your brand logo and supporting materials.
IF YOU ARE A FINALIST! – ALL GOOD
The finalists in each category will be announced on 24 June 2021. If you are a finalist, you will have two weeks to provide additional material or prepare a presentation for the final judging session on 15 July 2021. You will be asked to confirm which of the following you would like to do:
- Meet the Jury in London and provide a 3-minute presentation of your entry in person
- Provide a pre-recorded 3-minute video presentation of your entry
HOW TO WRITE A WINNING ENTRY
1. Start early – creating a great entry and gathering the right information takes time, so give yourself at least four weeks to put your application on a solid footing.
2. Crowd source – use the template to draft and share your entry to get your colleagues’ feedback and ideas
3. Create a story – the World Media Awards are all about telling great stories for your brands, now tell the story of your campaign. Judges like a clear narrative.
4. Keep to the point – focus on what the judges are asking for and ensure that you demonstrate how the client, agency and media owner have worked in partnership to create and implement a great idea and deliver amazing results.
5. Follow the rules – your work must have been implemented between January 2020 and March 2021. Your campaign must have covered 3 or more countries.
6. Demonstrate success – make sure your results relate to the objectives you outlined at the start of your entry.
7. Provide supporting materials to bring your story to life – but make sure that all the essential details are included in the written entry.